Summer is the peak grilling season in Australia. The best way to enjoy this period is to entertain friends and family with fantastic BBQ recipes.
Here are some easy BBQ ideas and recipes to get your party started.
Grilled BBQ Chicken
Grilled BBQ chicken is a staple dinner recipe at Aussie outdoor parties. It’s perfect when served with potato or pasta salad.
- Chicken (any part)
- Beer or buttermilk
- Chilli powder
- Smoked paprika
- BBQ sauce
Although grilling BBQ chicken is simple, it requires a little finesse to produce the perfect taste. Here are the steps to follow:
- Marinade the chicken in the brine. The brine can be made from beer or buttermilk.
- Mix the spices and rub them on the marinated chicken.
- Grill the chicken in two stages –under indirect heat until it turns brown and then finish on direct heat to achieve crispiness. This takes between 20 and 30 minutes.
Pork Chops with Glaze
If you love pork, try out this BBQ recipe. Rosemary adds a special aromatic touch to these glazed pork chops, leaving your guests craving more. It’s best served with coleslaw or a classic panzanella salad.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- Orange juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 8 bone-in pork chops
- Mix all the ingredients – except the rosemary and pork chops – in a bowl. Then marinate the pork chops in the mixture for eight hours.
- Drain the meat and lightly grease the grilling rack.
- Grill over medium heat until it reaches 145 degrees Celsius. This takes four to six minutes.
- In the last three minutes, brush each side with marinade and heat indirectly for five minutes. Lastly, sprinkle the rosemary to add a special aroma.
Baked BBQ Tofu
Tofu is one of the most delicate meals – if poorly prepared, it can be unappetising, but if well-cooked, you’ll love it. If you’ve never had the latter, try out this recipe, which goes well with slaw and tacos or independently.
- 400g extra-firm tofu
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- Cooking spray or oil mister
- Press tofu for 30 minutes. Cut it into 1/8-inch cubes.
- Marinate the cubes in BBQ sauce for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to about 180-200 degrees Celsius and spray the oil over a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning the tofu repeatedly and brushing with a little BBQ sauce. Continue baking for 20 minutes until the edges turn brown and crisp.
Summer is the finest time of the year – the weather is favourable, we enjoy the sunshine and spend time outdoors. These factors make it the best time to treat your loved ones to the best BBQ recipes, like the ones above.
You need the best equipment to grill like a pro, and the best place to get them is at Sydney Heaters & Pizza Ovens. Call us today for a quote. Quality is guaranteed, as we have years of experience in the industry.